Tuesday, January 21, 2020

First Day of School 2019

We usually have some kind of lovely-ish school theme, but last year our school theme was "Let Them Be Little" which was code for "Mind Your Own Business." This year our theme we decided on a scripture for our theme. 4 Nephi 1:15

And it came to pass that there was no acontention in the land, because of the blove of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.
We did some tie dye for our first day of school. The socks turned out awesome- they like to wear them for their basketball games.














Hazel sneaks into my room at night to snuggle even though her dad doesn't like the way she hogs the bed. When I tuck her in she whispers, "See you in the night."

She asked me, "What are atoms?" I tried to explain how they make up everything but they're so small we can't see them. She thought about that, then said, "Oh so they're like germs...and the glimmer in Ezra's eye."

Her favorite stuffies have super awesome names such as; Creesha, Pearl, Salt and Crocus.

She snores like Baba.

Her favorite thing to do in sacrament meeting is sit with the hymnbook open in her lap to the conducting music page and practise leading the congregational hymns.

Hazel and I were at a basketry class and the teacher told us her son's name is Rigel. Hazel asked if she named him after the bright star in the Orion constellation and she said, "Yes! You are the first person to ask me that."

I asked Hazel what she likes to do and she answered, "I like cleaning and organizing and trying and coloring and drawing. I want to learn to make soap."

I was teaching Hazel about how we believe after Jesus was resurrected he visited the people in the Americas. I told her He blessed and healed them and gave them the Priesthood and organized His church. She responded, "Oh I would love to do that. I love organizing."

Hazel cleans while she dances when we have family dance parties.

No comments: