Sunday, September 2, 2018

Dolly



 Studying flowers.



 Catching bunnies
 Listening to conference


 We went on a fieldtrip to the art gallery when she finished her art book.


 We have been studying weather together.
 Milking goats!
Dolly turned 5. Oh how I love this face.

-We were pressing peanut butter cookies with a fork and Hazel says, "like whiskers"

-She was too shy to say the prayer for family prayers when she was little but she promised that when she turned 4 she would. Sure enough, the day she turned four she mustered the courage. When she prays she says, "thank you about... our family, thank you about... the sunshine thank you about..."

-She is awesome at folding the laundry and putting it away.

-She's slightly OCD about her things. She likes things organized and just so.

-She says "mustaff" for mustache and "skreekit" for secret and "looshaly" for usually.

-She mixed up the word "cricket" with "hypocrite"

-She loves to color and copy words.

-She got a new doll from Grammy and Baba for Christmas and named her "Creesha"

-She loves apricots.

-Her leggings were sagging one day and she said, "My leggings are jiggly."

-I love when she tries to join in the conversations around here, like when she starts giving book recommendations.

-She said to me one day, "Sometimes I don't have a dream. I can't find one in my heart."

-She hums a lot. Especially at the table while she's eating.

-We were reading the word "Yak" and she says, "I don't like that word or the sound."

-I asked her one day, "Who is the light of the world? We talked about that then I asked her who else can be a light. She said, "I don't know." So I said, "Why can't you be a light Hazel?" She answered, "Because I like pink." I have no clue what that was all about.

-Me: Hazel, I will love you no matter what! 
Hazel: Ok mom, let's not talk about this.
 Me: About what? 
Hazel: About our true things.
Me: Why Hazel? 
Hazel: It's not possible.

No comments: