Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Here We Go

If you haven't seen this DVD you need to watch it. Historical, educational, inspirational, motivational, thought provoking, moving... all on 7 wonderous discs. I especially love the Abigail Adams part of it.  Now don't let the 7 disc thing hinder your curiosity. Once you pop in the first disc it won't be daunting, you'll be so into it. Its like Harry Potter, you're so sad when its finally over. I have one warning though- there is a tar and feather part (in the first one or second, I can't remember) that may have scarred me for life. Only boys should see that scene. Then there's the part where they saw that guy's leg off. I'm not old enough for that part yet either.
On a lighter note, this is officially my favorite children's book. I've probably posted this book before but we've been reading again lately and its one of those books that gets better and better the more you read it. The illustrations fill my soul, it rhymes, and the story line is super clever. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarra, I just bought this book a few weeks ago--kindred spirits, I swear!

Lew said...

Thank for your suggestions! I went to the library that day and checked it out. We love it!!

Tisha said...

I love that illustrator! I'll have to check out that book! Oh, and don't forget to edit Nabby's mastectomy in the final disc of John Adams...totally caught my by suprise! this is one of our favorites movies, especially around 4th of July!

The Eatons said...

I love hearing from you guys. When are we going to hang out in real life!!! Good point Tish, good point!! We hadn't watched the last disc when I posted that!