Thursday, May 25, 2023

Valentines and Fieldtrips

Ezra made mini love cakes for his teachers and a few friends.



Zin came by with the sweetest Valentines gifts.


Jane crafted valentine notes with shaving cream and food coloring. She made pretty pink and gold friendship bracelets to go with them.



Hazel surprised me with this adorable Valentines wreath. I love it!


We had a delightful visit with the Woods. It was Jaylen's birthday so we got to see her cake smash. The highlight for me was Jody serenading us on her guitar.


How does Zin make food into art!? Afterwards we got to enjoy the most amazing northern lights of my existence. It was like there was a disco ball in the night sky.



We went on some extremely inspiring fieldtrips-
We got to visit a friends garage and learn about Classic Cars.
We also got to visit our local airport and learn about how to build an airplane from scratch.


We have a neighbor who was kind enough to let us practise milking a cow.

I was so proud of this jug of milk we brought home. It took us about 2 hours of milking time!

I learned about growing microgreens. I love having fresh greens in the winter.
We finally hung Jacob's butterfly pinning collection.
Hazel has been doing some beeswax sculpting. Thank you aunty Mariah!

We've been spending time with our new friends. Crystal is a life coach and I love how she unravels my soul every time we get together. She can solve all my emotional problems in the span of one evening.

This time it was Jane that got the intense therapy session. She rode the roller coaster of denial, frustration, sadness, fascination, motivation, calm...it took her a few days to process it all.
The kids have so many interesting skills and fun out of the box ideas to share. 
I love homeschoolers!

No comments: