Saturday, April 23, 2022

Summer 2021

We had a fun day at Writing on Stone with friends.





For our Graduation 2021 we went cliff jumping at Castle Falls and out for nachos after.



Nachos at the Twin Butte Mexican place.
Field trip to the Alpaca farm!
We grew Cinderella pumpkins this year! They looked so great on our porch in the fall.

Ezra made angel food cake!
A rule of summer is we have to go berry picking at least once!


Some cute little tidbits about these two:
They loved to play in the "sand dune" at the farmhouse.
Ezra loves to listen to Scarlatti.
Hazel hates losing her teeth.
Ezra said, "This mask (covid-19) smells like slug droppings."
Hazel: "I know we just had breakfast, but I'm hungry. I guess I'm a chubby munchkin."
Ezra runs his hands through his hair when he's excited.

I had a sad-ish summer thinking about the kids growing up in the next year and I was trying to explain the feeling to Jane. How you only have so many summers with your kids and how that's sad. She gave me the most perfect, relieving answer that actually made me feel way better. "Mom, we have an eternity of summers together."
We obviously planted way too much zucchini. We were using them as door stops...
Calendula is my most favorite thing to grow in the garden- it blossoms all summer and looks so bright and pretty. Hazel has the chore of collecting it in her basket to dry.








We planted our own garlic to use for when we make pickles in the fall :)

Baseball game with pals!



We love to spend time on the shore in Waterton.


We brought all our bikes one day to ride the long path all the way to the highway and back. 
Jane went riding with our neighbor Pat.
Girls Camp Leavitt Ward 2021
Zinni made the most amazing camp meal I've ever experienced!
So nice to be at camp with these ladies.

Jacob's first summer job with Olsen Construction. During their lunch break he remarked, "Charlie, do you even remember our old life?"

Canada Day Parade.

Grammy and Baba's yard looks like a resort! Woweee.
Hazel said, "I have a balloon in my tummy because we're going to Grammy's today."
Amber's birthday!


No comments: