Saturday, December 7, 2013

Projects

We had a sleepover party in the sunroom. We had a fire and Tim played ukulele for us. I finished some of our science lesson from earlier in the day and we read a few chapters of Little Tree. I love cozy and snug evenings by the fire.

We collect the schleich animals, it's sort of our Lego. Jacob decided to write a letter to the company and he got a really cool letter back. It said they would forward his suggestions "to their product and marketing department to enrich their pool of ideas."
All the way from Germany!


Jane and Grammy and I went on a girly date to the Duchess Bakery. So fancy and so many macaroons.

Jane loves her Prairie Primer. It's a curriculum based on the Little House on the Prairie series. It has lots of fun enrichment activities/field trips. We try to do one a week- the picture above is at the Antique Mall on Whyte which is basically a Costco sized Bargain Barn. She was having a hay day in there- she might possibly be more thrift store happy than I am. She was drooling over the skeleton keys. Another assignment from her Primer was to see a vintage gun collection.
 So we checked that off at the same time. 

She was supposed to have this specific dictionary from 1828 for her Primer lessons too. It's hard to find and cost a million dollars. Apparently no other dictionary compares with the Webster's 1828 dictionary. "It's based upon God's written word, for Noah Webster used the Bible as
 the foundation for his definitions."
It has some really beautiful definitions for words like forgive, mercy, providence etc.

Charlie has all kinds of Cub badges on the go. He's sprouting things, dyeing cloth with cabbages, washing dishes by hand to save the planet, bird watching...


Hazelnut is learning new tricks and I'm not too sure how I feel about all this growing up stuff.

Hazelnut smiles all the time. She also cries if I don't hold her all day- which I do because she's my last baby. Tim scolds me because he thinks I'm training her to be a cry baby. If being a cry baby makes the baby-ness last longer than it's fine with me :)

No comments: