Saturday, September 15, 2012

Here We Go

I spent most every free moment this summer planning for the new school year. I can't believe how time consuming it is to get ready. There was boxing up last years school work, cleaning and organizing the school room, laminating, sharpening, scheduling, optometrist and dentist appointments, school blessings, lots of shopping and ordering, and trips to the mail box that look like this:


One thing I planned was to have a writing center so the kids can write more letters like this one that Charlie wrote to Pres. Obama.  He wrote about taxes, Jane wrote about gas prices and Jacob wrote about healthier food for kids.
      


I stuffed the writing desk full of stationary, cards, stamps, fancy pens/pencils, wax seals etc. I also put together a binder with addresses of our family/friends so they have that handy too.

Some other centers we had this week:
Blocks


Ipad

Sewing
 (Jane has been sewing a cute little mouse to go along with the book we started,
The Tale of Despereaux.)

Table work

Can you spot Ezra? He and I both like "Nap" center best ;)


Education would be so much more effective if its purpose were to ensure that by the time they leave school every boy and girl should know how much they don’t know, 
and be imbued with a lifelong desire to know it.”

– Sir William Haley










4 comments:

Jennifer Dehghani said...

I like the fathers blessings. I looked forward to them every year. I can't wait to start them with ELI.

Unknown said...

I love your stations, I love your home! I wish I could go to school with you guys. I always love reading your blog, I keep coming back again and again because you are such an inspiration and you live the life I wish to! What a beautiful blessing your hard work is for your children. They are so adorable.

Lew said...

I agree with everything Serena said!! I feel the same way! Can't we all live close and have you be our kid's teacher?? I wish!

Timothy said...

Little rabbits everywhere. I like little nerdy learners.