Thursday, June 26, 2014

Rah Rah Radishes


I started off planting my garden and wondering why I didn't just use all the money I spent on dirt and plants and tools etc. at the market where I could pick up fresh veggies all washed and cut and ready. 
I take it all back. Now I get it. I can think of a million reasons now.


Every single thing I planted is growing and thriving. It's a miracle! 
One afternoon I found this guy in the garden. He looks so real that he startles me sometimes. 
I think he actually does work too.


Comfrey is amazing. I'm learning more and more about it and realizing how magical it is. I wish all my other plants would grow like this one. I infused oil with comfrey last summer and used it this summer to make salve so now I'll infuse another batch for next summer- well, actually Jane will do it this year so she can learn the art of green salve. We need to pass these things on :) You can also use comfrey to make fertilizer for the the garden and it's supposed to be awesome for the compost too.

We find froggies in our straw regularly. The last time we found a big one and the kids fed it to the ducks and watched them eat it. I couldn't go near the situation.



The first rhubarb bounty.


 This was a fun one. I packed their hobo sticks with lunch and sent them off on an adventure. They were gone all afternoon. Even Ezra.

  No one can tea party like Jane. It makes Scarlet's day when she will.

The girls will often come inside wearing daisy chains. Best childhood ever.

I'm obsessed with the lilacs this year. I cut them daily and bring them inside- they smell so good!
On my lilac to do list:
lilac bath
lilac lotion
lilac sugar
lilac salad
pressed lilacs in an old book
dried lilacs

No comments: