Tuesday, August 7, 2012

RAWSOME

I've been reading about Raw eating again. There's so much to learn about it, but it's something I really enjoy doing. Today I learned that it's best to buy "unsulphured" dried fruit- I've always wondered about that. I also learned that prunes have way high antioxidant levels (even more than blueberries). We eat a lot of dates around here but I've never tried this easy little treat. Just stuff a date with a nut or any type of nut butter. Perfect little snack.

Another healthy tip is to eat garden potatoes raw with salt and a splash of vinegar. I LOVE all vinegars. 

Oh and you can chew lemon peels for better breath.

I gave the kids a short Raw foods lesson and then they each made one recipe.
Charlie LOVES dates so made these:

Cashew Maple Oatmeal Squares

10 Medjool dates
1 C raw cashews
1/2 c raw oats
1/4 maple syrup
cinnamon
salt


Blend. Roll into balls, then roll in coconut. Freeze.


No comments: