Thursday, October 6, 2011

Janey


Miss Jane also performed for recitation today. 
She shared a poem about kindness to animals, as she is an animal lover.

Little children, never give
Pain to things that feel and live;
Let the gentle robin come
For the crumbs you save at home;
As his meat you throw along
He’ll repay you with a song.

Never hurt the timid hare
Peeping from her green grass lair,
Let her come and sport and play
On the lawn at close of day.

The little lark goes soaring high
To the bright windows of the sky,
Singing as if t'were always spring,
And fluttering on an untired wing -
Oh! Let him sing his happy song,
Nor do these gentle creatures wrong.





Jane is enjoying her cute haircut- especially not having to brush though all that long hair.

Today Jane slaved away creating this autumn leaves garland for our Thanksgiving festivities. She worked hard from start to finish. Which led me to realize that she has incredible stamina for crafty projects, but not quite as much for her math... The best part about it is that she listened to Mozart's opera, The Magic Flute, while she hand stitched all the leaves. I think she has fallen in love with opera. She didn't even want  to come up for lunch because, quoting Jane, "Mom, I'm so into it!" Maybe its all the cello practicing she's been doing.






3 comments:

Suman Family said...

this post is adorable. she is so cute!!

Rachael Spencer said...

I love your blog Sarra! It's so cute and homey and cozy. It makes me happy. I will definitely try some of these pumpkin recipes! I love that you cook with sucanut and coconut oil and earth balance. Yummy and healthy. And the Magic Flute is one of my all time favorite operas. So beautiful and spiritual too. Thanks for spending time with us this weekend--we loved it. The boys said after that they wished they could be home schooled like Jane and Charlie. I wish I could be home schooled by you! It looks fun.

Timothy said...

Today I got to teach Janey her "baptism prep" class, and she is as ready as they come. She really gets it. I like her.