Thursday, May 19, 2011

Love in the Mail


So look what I found in the mail this morning, with the loveliest packaging (it was tricky getting a picture with my not-so-good camera because it's so sparkly). 
 The most beautiful masterpiece of a bracelet from Jacobsheart.
Its even more amazing in real life than I realized it would be. 
I keep looking at it while its on and loving it more and more. 
Thank you Terry for the gift and for surprising me on a morning sick day. 


Ralph Waldo Emerson
A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.

Claude Mermet
Friends are like melons; shall I tell you why? To find one good you must one hundred try.

Charlotte, “Charlotte’s Web”
You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what’s a life, anyway? We’re born, we live a little while, we die. A spider’s life can’t help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone’s life can stand a little of that.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Holy Smokes - how did Terry know which one you liked so well? It's really lovely!

Elizabeth said...

Love the friendship quotes, by the way...in fact I am enjoying all the beautiful poetry and quotes you have shared...It's nice to have someone to cull the not so inspiring and share the beauties. I love that you do that!