Friday, March 18, 2011

Let's talk about eating books.

Franz Kafka,
"A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul."

I just finished devouring 

The Concord Quartet 
Alcott, Emerson, Hawthorne, Thoreau, 
and the Friendship that Freed the American Mind
By Samuel A. Schreiner Jr. 

I'm officially a Transcendentalism expert. Ask me anything you need to know. My fascination was born when I finished reading Walden (which changed my life. Thank you Amber.) I can't get enough ever since. However, I assure you, I have no plans to become and individualist anarchist in the near future. The free love, and nudism aspects of the movement obviously aren't going to work for me, although there's something to be said for the bohemian fashion style, and vegetarianism :0)


~Chinese Proverb

"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention."


No comments: