Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Sunrise


Speaking of the sunrise, I have a little story. Tim was away for work for a few days and I decided to get Jacob up early so that we could watch the sunrise together. I googled it and it said the sunrise in Cardston was at 5:59 that day. I got up just before and tiptoed into his room and took him outside all wrapped up in his blanky. As I was carrying him out, half asleep he asked, "Did you bring me out here to pray?" Where did that come from?! We sat on the hill across the street from our house and what a sight to behold. Sure enough a big orange peach suddenly appeared and gradually floated up into the sky. I just can't believe that happens everyday without us all stopping to marvel and thank Heavenly Father for remembering to wake the sun up for us. Jacob figured He uses a giant sling shot to get the sun up into the sky- such a 5 year old little boy idea ;) I recommend waking up early especially for the sunrise, it's worth it, and that's coming from a true night owl. It made me sad to think of how many sunrises I've already missed. The only thing is that the next day Jacob came upstairs to my room to get me up to see it again. Amazingly, he was right on schedule with only 15 minutes to spare. I couldn't say no, so this time we got Charlie too. It was a totally different experience with Charlie. He was so lively. Seeing the sun peeking up made him almost giddy. He was laughing and squeezing us and so lovable. I liked having those two all to myself- just me and Charlie and Jacob and the morning sunshine. Jacob was certain that was what we were going to do from now on so the next day I had to break the news that he needed to stay in bed because we can't watch it every day. I want to sneak out there with Timmy one of these days soon.

4 comments:

mishel said...

Sarra you are the BEST Mom ever!!!

Elizabeth said...

This was such a sweet post - we caught the sunrise one day not too long ago too, but my companion didn't have quite the epiphany's you describe - we loved it though! Not enough to see it everyday, I'm sorry to say! What a special time - they'll probably remember it!

Royall said...

Beautiful.

Timothy said...

As awesome as this is it somehow makes me kinda sad too.