Thursday, April 26, 2012

Besties

The kids found this piece of beehive and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Cool enough to get out the microscopes (30 x magnification microscopes are great).

Every Wednesday us three get to spend the evening in the city together. Jane and Charlie entertain each other the whole time. It reminds me of being with my best friend Linds when I was a kid- it didn't matter what we were doing or where (usually waiting for a ride), it was fun b/c we always had fun being together. 

Jane quotes:

Jane: This chapstick smells sneaky?

Me: What do you mean sneaky?

Jane: It reminds me of something sneaky Emma and I did once but I can't 
remember. She was 7 and I was 6.


One time we were at the University library and I was getting nerdy excited about all the new books. We picked out a thousand, but then they told us we couldn't check books out from that part of the library. Then out of no where, in response to my frustration, Jane comes up with this obscure Anne of Green Gables line:
"Mom, you know there are some things that cannot be expressed in words."

If any one wants, feel free to call Jane to hear her say this line from Chicken Run:
"I don't want to be a pie, I don't like gravy." 
Maybe I will post a video b/c her accent is bang on.

Jane had a special two weeks at Grammy's house trip. It was her first time by herself but I'm pretty sure her fears are long gone now. Grammy did a few sewing projects with her. These owls are one of them. She made one for all five of the kids. They all pack them around all over the place.

This is one of Charlie's latest projects. He has some small survival projects going on. These are fire starters. You cut out one egg section and it's a handy-dandy-ready-to-go-light-your-fire-quick-thing. He  was awesome about doing it totally on his own. It was cute watching him out the window, while he gathered all his materials.

Charlie is an expert Fat Boother. He loves doing it so much. This one was particularly believable:

No comments: