Friday, November 11, 2011

Memory

I've been slacking off at taking pictures lately, but I still want to record some things on here. We had our second recitation class and this time Jacob and Scarlet were prepared to present too. Scarlet did her knock knock joke that goes like this:

Knock, knock
Who's there?
Boo
Boo Who?
Don't cry, its just a joke.

 Jacob memorized this poem, The Lizard By John Gardner

The lizard is a timid thing
That cannot dance or fly or sing;
He hunts for bugs beneath the floor
He longs to be a dinosaur.


Charlie chose to recite two verses from Amazing Grace:

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,

That saved a wretch like me....

I once was lost but now am found,

Was blind, but now, I see.


Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.



Jane's poem was Daffodils By Wordsworth:

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

No comments: